What better time of the year to start a blog than January! And what better resolution in December, than to start writing in January!
After over 3 decades of making resolutions and miserably failing at them… I have decided 2018 will be different. Different because at 42, I cannot afford to not do the things I want to do anymore. Time is rapidly running out (Where do the years fly these days) and I need a couple of more decades to accomplish a few things
I have never considered myself much of a writer – but… I have always written down things for them to become a reality. And thus… this blog. To help make the things I wish to do a reality, and perhaps share them with you…. in some anonymity.
I am going to list down my resolutions…. and more will emerge as the days go by, but the focus will remain on evolving as a person, learning something new ever so often. In mind, in body and also in spirit. Hopefully my diary will capture some of that as we go along.
(This is what happens to resolutions in your 40’s. You do not necessarily give up making them (Oh no you didn’t you cynic!!), but you keep them vague… perhaps a little flexible.)
The year ended for us on a high note. Exhausting… but high. Surrounded by family at a wedding, visiting siblings and friends from abroad and togetherness. Ofcourse, the way I party has changed significantly. I no longer have the drive and energy to drink, or to dress up all fancy, or to go hang out with people I barely know. (Last night, I fell asleep and didn’t show up at a party! I know I will never be invited again – but I was willing to take that risk! I was THAT tired)
So here goes.
- Write that blog (Hey!!! I am here!). Have set a goal of 50 for 2018.
- Read those 50 books this year (I am currently reading my first, Cooked by Michael Pollan, and I will publish my review here)
- Practice yoga
- Walk 10K steps everyday. Every. Single. Day.
- Cook & Bake more – eat healthy!
- Travel more (We did Kabini in end of December, I am in Goa on work next week, and we go to Hampi for his birthday – all in January. Hopefully I can keep up)
- Stay in touch, talk and meet. With family, with friends…
- Learn something new every month (This will get done with the work we do on Kadambari)
- Have more fun!!
The 10th… is mine to know. 🙂
Happy New Year folks! Have the best one yet!